Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: Local candidates only
Job Type: Full-time
Working with Laurita Inc.
Laurita Inc., is an established leader in excavation, underground utilities, and heavy highway construction in the DC Metro, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. If you are ready to build a career where you make a difference every day, apply with us today.
Your Job Summary
As a heavy equipment operator, you will operate a variety of heavy equipment in a safe and productive manner to support the completion of our excavation, underground utility, and heavy highway work under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is dependable, trainable, and most importantly a safe operator who values the safety of his or her coworkers in the trench and on the ground.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in trenching and utilities installation desired
- Ability to operate a heavy equipment in a productive and efficient manner
- Perform daily maintenance and tracking of hours on utilized equipment
- Perform manual tasks related to construction of job sites
- Experience on construction sites along with certifications
- Participate in training and adhere to strict PPE and safety policies
- Ability to take direction from supervisor to complete daily tasks and meet job site goals
- Be a proactive team member to achieve a high-quality completed product for our clients
- Experience operating GPS-enabled machinery is desired but not a requirement
Equipment Range - all levels of experience on below list of equipment desired
- Hydraulic Excavator various sizes
- Articulated Rock Truck
- Roller - Smooth Drum and Sheepsfoot
- D4 -D8 Dozers with Trimble set up
- Skid Steer
- Wheel Loader
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation
- Ability to work in the United States
- Must have recent work history and at least 2 years verifiable work experience operating heavy equipment in a similar environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting and turning to complete manual labor tasks
- Pay based on experience and work history
Laurita, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Laurita, Inc. is a drug free work place.