Location: Northern VA, Maryland and D.C. (Local Candidates Only)
Job Type: Full-time
Working with Laurita Inc.
Laurita Inc. is an established leader in excavation, underground utilities, and heavy highway construction in the DC Metro, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. If you are ready to build a career where you make a difference every day, apply with us today.
Your Job Summary
As an experienced General Superintendent, it will be your job to coordinate operations and manage at times multiple crews to support the timely completion of our excavation, underground utility, and heavy highway projects. You will be the key person in charge of the safety of our crews, the completion of our work under tight deadlines, and communication between employees, management, and our clients. The ideal candidate values safety as much as we do, has expert heavy civil knowledge, exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to make quick decisions. We are looking for long-term candidates who value the opportunity for future advancement that our company offers.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Proven ability to manage multiple crews on multiple jobs, managing up to 25 persons
- Experience in large heavy civil projects.
- Participate in training and adhere to strict PPE and safety policies
- Ability to take direction from customer to complete tasks and meet job site goals
- Be a proactive team member to achieve a high quality completed product for our clients
- Experience and working knowledge of heavy equipment & Trimble GPS systems
- Experience using HCSS HeavyJob & HeavySafety
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in the United States
- Must have a recent work history and at least 5 years of verifiable work experience managing projects in a similar environment with proven ability to make the company profitable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting, and turning to complete manual labor tasks
Laurita, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Laurita, Inc. is a drug free work place.