Entry Level Position
Location: Local candidates only
Working with Laurita Inc.
Laurita Inc., is an established leader in excavation, underground utilities, and heavy highway construction in the DC Metro, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. If you are motivated and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, apply with us today.
Your Job Summary
As an entry-level worker, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining a clean and orderly combined shop and office facility, as well as safely driving and maneuvering on busy roads and construction sites to support the timely completion of our excavation, underground utility, and heavy highway projects.
As an entry-level worker, you will be responsible for working in a safe and production manner and assisting other ground workers, operators, and supervisors as needed to support the completion of our excavation, underground utility, and heavy highway projects. The ideal candidate is dependable, trainable, someone who works well in teams, and most importantly safe.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform manual tasks related to construction of job sites
- Participate in training and adhere to strict PPE and safety policies
- Ability to take direction from supervisor to complete daily tasks and meet job site goals
- Be a proactive team member to achieve a high-quality completed product for our clients
- Other duties as needed (pressure washing, painting, seeding & mulching, grass cutting, leaf
- blowing, vehicle detailing & cleaning)
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Valid driver's license
- Clean Driving Record
- Familiar with the Northern VA, MD, DC Metropolitan area.
- Work overtime as required
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid, checking tires.
- Follow all policies and procedures, with strict attention to SAFETY, per company standards.
- Keep vehicles clean and organized.
- Be constantly aware of driving conditions including the location and safety of the general public always.
- Able to climb up and down ladders, steps, platforms, and decks repeatedly.
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products in a safe manner.
- Move or fit heavy objects, up to 50 lbs. Bending, twisting, and turning in order to perform manual physical tasks.
- Use 3 points of contact when entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Secure cargo for transport, straps, blocks, chains, binders.
Laurita, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Laurita, Inc. is a drug free work place.