Class A CDL Truck Driver
Location: Northern VA, Maryland and D.C.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $900.00 - $1,600.00 per week
Your Job Summary
As a Class A CDL truck driver, you will be responsible for safely driving and maneuvering heavy loads on busy roads and construction sites to support the timely completion of our excavation, underground utility, and heavy highway projects. We are looking for long-term candidates who value the opportunity for future advancement that our company offers.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Valid CDL Class A driver's license
- Clean Driving Record
- Previous CDL Experience. 5 Years of recent, verifiable work history.
- Familiar with the Northern VA, MD, DC Metropolitan area.
- Work overtime as required
- Familiar with all DOT regulations and company requirements
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid, checking tires.
- Operate Heavy Construction Equipment to load and unload lowboy trailer.
- Inspect equipment to be moved. Remove debris from loaded trailers and equipment.
- Monitor, inspect and maintain vehicles and equipment to ensure optimal operations.
- Conduct vehicle safety inspections and complete all required checklist.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Follow all policies and procedures, with strict attention to SAFETY, per company standards.
- Keep vehicles clean and organized.
- Be constantly aware of driving conditions including the location and safety of the general public always.
- Able to climb up and down ladders, steps, platforms, and decks repeatedly.
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products in a safe manner.
- Move or fit heavy objects, up to 50 lbs. Bending, twisting, and turning in order to perform manual physical tasks.
- Use 3 points of contact when entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Secure cargo for transport, straps, blocks, chains, binders.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Perform tasks on the job site as instructed by the superintendent when not transporting equipment or materials. This may include but not limited to operating dump trucks, performing manual labor, or other assigned tasks on a construction site.
- Maintain driver log according to regulations. Record fuel and mileage data on each trip.
Local candidates only
Laurita, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Laurita, Inc. is a drug free work place.