Civil Project Estimator
Location: Manassas, VA
Job Type: Civil Project Estimator
Laurita, Inc., established in 1984 in Morgantown, WV is a total site development contractor specializing in mass grading and underground utility installation. We are hiring a reliable, ambitious, and aggressive individual who will work with us to establish Laurita as a major player in Northern VA and the surrounding area. We are looking to hire an individual to assist in acquiring, estimating, and managing work to completion.
The individual would report to our new office in Manassas, VA set to open in December 2022.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze bid documents and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Create labor, equipment, material cost, and production estimates
- Develop and maintain relationships with company vendors, clients, and subcontractors
- Review and manage bids from vendors and subcontractors
- Present prepared estimates to management and participate in client project negotiations
- Develop and maintain relationships with company vendors, clients, and Subcontractors
- Visit projects to understand site conditions, restrictions, and challenges
- Use estimating experience to develop cost-effective solutions
- Other duties as necessary
- 5 years prior experience in civil work in Northern VA, DC Metro market
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detailed oriented with strong prioritization and organization skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Proven track record of estimating, awarding, and close out heavy civil projects
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive salary based on experience
Laurita, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Laurita, Inc. is a drug free work place.