Laurita's Bulldozer

History

History – A Laurita Family Legacy

In 1959, Joseph Laurita’s trucking operation expanded into the excavation business when Jim Laurita and his brothers joined the company. Soon, the Laurita name could be seen on many construction sites in the Morgantown area. In 1969, the Laurita family business expanded even further with the purchase of the first of many coal mines.

The company became a third-generation business when Jim Laurita’s son, Tom, joined the team. Tom worked for his father as a foreman of a coal barge loading facility in Morgantown. By April of 1984, Tom had incorporated Laurita Inc. Using only a CASE 450 track loader and hoe attachment, Tom performed residential excavation, septic system installation, and trucking.

Today, Laurita Inc. and its affiliates take on projects in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia.

history image
Laurita Trucking and Excavating at Point Marion Garage (1960s)
history image
Flyash Fill Contract - Morgantown Airport (Early 70s)
history image
Joe Laurita Sr. Receiving a New Hough 400 Loader (1970)
history image
Laurita's First Truck , White Constructor (1969)
history image
Jim Laurita Sr. Washing Dump Truck (1959)
history image
Tom Laurita operating his first piece of machinery (CASE 450 track loader)
history image
James Sr. and Beverly Laurita

Staying true to the Laurita roots... Honesty, integrity, and good old fashion hard work.